Monday, January 2, 2012

January 1, 2012

Another week gone by. I'm approaching 1 year on my mission this week. Quite astonishing. I'm about half way. It's been great so far. I don't like how fast time is flying by though. I want to make this next year even better than the first.


It's great rolling in the new year, as well. Great time to make some resolutions of how I can be better as a missionary and a person. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me in 2012, but I know that as long as I'm doing my part, the future looks extremely bright.


This week is very interesting due to the fact that Elder Miller is still living with us. It's been a lot of fun. I really like having Elder Miller around, but taking on an extra missionary and another area is really hectic along with our already hectic zone leader schedule. The Lord is blessing us to be able to continue to help both areas and make everything work and still see miracles. It just gives me a constantly unrooted feeling, which is really different. It looks like he'll be here with us the rest of this transfer, so It should be very interesting. We'll have to continue to rely on the Lord for help in taking this extra responsibility. I know it will be great, and we'll continue to have a lot of fun.


The highlight of this week was brother Chih, a.k.a. Charlie entering into the waters of baptism, no matter how chilly the water was due to the fact that the building's water heater was off. It was great to see him get baptized and confirmed. I have no doubt that he will continue to be an amazing member of this church. His desire to follow Christ is amazing and I'm so grateful that through the spirit we were able to resolve his long-time concern, and help him prepare to take this important step.


Today I made an important decision. I bought a ping pong paddle. It was an investment but I had to spend a little birthday money somewhere. This paddle is amazing. I customized it out to the point that it would be illegal to use in regulation tourneyment. It's a classic butterfly blade that I then put red pimple out skin on both sides, with a white custom hand grip. It looks great. I'll have to take a picture before the grip gets too dirty from my hands. It was great playing it today. Quite the paddle.


The TaoYuan Zone is doing great as a whole. I'm really liking it here. I continue to look forward to doing the Lord's work in this great area. Speaking of great areas.... DANSHUI!!! Edward was baptized this last week. He and his family sent me a Christmas gift and a great card. It really made my day. I'm so happy for him and it's so rewarding. If you can't remember, I saw him at 8:55 one night. It would have been easy to just go home because it was about time, but I decided to try to talk to him for 30 second and get a phone number because he was with his family. Such a miracle--called him, set him up, now a couple months later, he's baptized. I couldn't be happier.


I look forward to a great 2012 and second half of my mission

Love you all.
Elder White

No comments:

Post a Comment