Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5, 2011


Time Flies. There is no other way to put it. I have been in Taiwan for over 5 months. This is the last week of my 4th transfer. I know that still counts as just a baby of a missionary. I'm still a really young, fresh missionary. I feel like I got here just yesterday.


My companion is still Chinese.


This transfer is coming to a close, and we've seen a lot of cool miracles. Yesterday we met with our most Golden investigator, Sister Wang, and she completely hated the Word of Wisdom. She said she was willing to try, but she said there's no way she can do it... It was really disappointing so next time we meet with her we're going to need a faith boosting lesson. This next lesson is going to be extremely important, so keep her in your prayers.


This week was just a blur because I got sick, and then Saturday was crazy busy. Saturday we set 4 baptismal dates in one day!!! It was awesome. Serving right smack dab in the middle of the heart of Taibei is great because there are so many people to contact and talk to always, but it's very hard to find people who live in our area. The actual parts of our area that are residential are small. We continue to pray to be able to find more people that will eventually be part of this ward.


This morning I cut my hair by myself, so if in my pictures from the next few weeks it looks weird, just know that it was free.


One benefit serving in the Jin Hua chapel (temple square and the church headquarters in Taiwan) is that the temple president and another senior missionary go and play basketball with some older Taiwanese men in the stake center twice a week. We enjoy going and playing with them for our exercise on those days. They lace up their Air Jordans (yes they wear Air Jordans) and we compete to the death. Well, actually just 21 points. It's amazing the effort they have in boxing out and crashing the boards for rebounds at 6 in the morning. When I leave this area I will miss the 6 a.m. basketball with the senior missionaries.


I'm glad to hear all is well at home. I'm glad to hear school is back in session. I hope all the kids have great years in school. I hope they absorb a lot of knowledge. Veronica, if it's not too late take Chinese. It's really easy and that way if you end up serving a mission you might be able to go speak somewhere Chinese speaking. Because Chinese is the 2nd best language in the world. It has a couple weaknesses keeping it from being on the same level as English. They don't have a really good translation for the word karma, or Audrey Hepburn. Other than those two words, Chinese is great.


Also, this is not expedient, but... if you ever do send another package any time soon, can you include my electric razor? At the MTC there was no need, because I shaved twice a week, and it was so dry there my skin would become too irritated if I used the electric, but here is more humid, and I need to shave every day or I look scrappy. It's probably because my trainer would get an 11:00 a.m. shadow, and in missionary lingo you trainer is your "dad" so it's just genetic. But you know that means??? I'm going to be able to grow a sweet mustache when I get home!!!

I love you all. Have an amazing School year. Do good things with your time.
Elder White
Bai ZhangLao

No comments:

Post a Comment