Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 21, 2011


HELLLLLOOO!!!


This transfer is flying by. I can't even remember where the time went. Where to begin this week? The start of this week was amazing. The work went incredibly smoothly, and it really needed to, because the end of this week was rough. It was rough because the majority of the time was spent in bike shops, repairing my joke of a bicycle. It was a true blessing that we were able to get so much work done at the start of this week.


This week new investigators just fell into our laps. It was a week full of miracles. A member brought a friend to church yesterday, and her friend is amazing!!! This doesn't happen here! Member referrals are super rare. What an awesome miracle. We also called a bunch of former investigators from a few months ago and set up times  to meet with them. Many of them still had interest and actually want to meet with missionaries. The missionaries just stopped making contact with them. It's nice because I feel like the work in this area is finally starting to progress. I'm finally going to be able to say I left XinAn better than I found it.


It's a blast doing work with Elder Chen. He's a lot of fun.
This Tuesday he will be saying the opening prayer in Zone Conference and he asked me to write him a prayer in English so you can use English to pray. I wrote a lot of big complicated words and he's memorized it. So his prayer will make him sound like he's got the best English of all the Taiwanese missionaries. I'm excited to hear it. He has no idea what he's saying, but it will make him sound super smart.


We also often debate which is better--Chinese Kung Fu or American Punch. One time I gave him a small American punch just to demonstrate a little bit. We've both came to the conclusion that American punch wins.



Speaking of America, everyone I contact on the street will ask what country I'm from, and then I tell them to guess, and everyone guesses I'm from England. I don't know why? They all say I don't look American, I look English. I didn't know there was a big difference.


This week I bought some new white shirts, because all my white shirts are starting to not be white. And the current ones I have wrinkle like crazy in this humidity. I bought 2 new shirts. They were the equivalent of 6 U.S. dollars each. STUFF IN TAIWAN IS CHEAP!!!


I'm in TAIWAN!! Sometimes I remember that I'm in Taiwan and I can't help but be super happy!


I speak Chinese!! What a miracle, what a blessing to have this opportunity!


I hope you all had a wonderful week. Family, I hope you had an awesome vacation. Can't wait to see pictures. I love you all very much.




Do what Heavenly Father wants you to do and you will be happy. I guarantee it.

Love, Elder White

No comments:

Post a Comment