Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 14, 2011

Hello friends and family,


Not a whole lot has happened since the last email I sent. Today we sent off our DuanChuan (young man with us for one week) He was the quietest human being I've ever known. I often forgot he was there, but it was cool being able to give him a look at what missionary work is like.


The highlight of the last 5 days was probably meeting with Brother Guo, our 82 year old convert. Meeting with him and teaching him is always such a testimony building experience because his testimony is so amazing, and he's so ready and willing to continue to learn. Words cannot explain how much I love that man. He's a real hero to me, the happiest person I've ever met. This week we shared with him Lehi's vision and likened him unto Lehi. At the start, Lehi wandered in darkness for a long time. Brother Guo lived 82 years of his life doing what's right and trying to be a good human being before he found the full gospel of Jesus Christ. Lehi went forth and partook of the fruit and was happy. Brother Guo was baptized and happier than ever. And as soon as Lehi partook of the fruit he desired his family to partake, and looked around to find them. In the scriptures it says that he saw Sariah, Samuel, Nephi... He took that verse and put his 2 daughters names in. SO AMAZING. His second daughter is meeting with sister missionaries and they said she's doing great. And Brother Guo is super excited about continuing to share his testimony with them. He LOVED in Lehi's vision when it says Lehi's family also came and partook of the fruit. He says Samuel and Nephi are Rebecca and Doris (his daughters names). He's so amazing!!!


This week we had an amazing amount of people cancel or stand us up. Like I've never seen thus far in my mission. It was amazing, but next week we have TONS of lesson's scheduled. We're so busy, so it will be really good. We're going to keep seeing miracles.


My companion is great, we have a ton of fun, and it feels like doing missionary work with a good friend. Doesn't even feel like work. That's always nice. I haven't had a companion for 2 transfers yet, but I hope this time I will.


There really isn't much else to report on. Our DuanChuan would only contact little kids 12 and under. He was really shy.
 


The Taiwan Taipei mission is the best in the world. I speak Chinese now, the gift of tongues is so real.
 


Scriptures are really good, everybody should read them everyday.


Say prayers.

Elder White

No comments:

Post a Comment