Monday, June 13, 2011

June 6, 2011


Hello Family and Friends,


This week flew by. I don't remember a lot of details. I'm sorry.


The highlight of this week was Zhang Yan Rou (Zoe) getting baptized. This is what missionary work is all about. Her family are my favorite people in Taiwan and they're all set to get baptized next month. Then they're going to work to get to the temple 1 year later. Zoe's baptism made me so happy. I watched the power of the Book of Mormon come to life in a lesson with her, watched it resolve her biggest concern and change her right there on the spot. That was when she decided she was willing to be baptized. She is amazing and she's setting the example for her family. Her family is so great! They're so amazing! Last night we taught them about the Plan of Salvation. It's such a privilege to be able to share God's perfect plan with others, especially those who are hearing it for the first time. I'm so excited for their family to become an eternal family. They are the greatest! They also get us cool gifts all the time and have amazing fruit to eat when we go teach them. BONUS!


The rest of the work is going really well. We're meeting a lot of great people and sharing with them this wonderful Gospel. It's amazing how much different my view of people is when I'm constantly thinking about and focused on their salvation.


The food in Taiwan is amazing, something I'm really going to miss. We eat outside from street vendors almost every meal because it's so cheap. Here in Zhudong there is a special food stand that sells what I call Chinese burritos. They're a burrito type thing, but the inside is brussel sprouts, lettuce, peanuts, some meat, and curry. It's really good, and I'll miss it when I'm out of Zhudong. My other favorite is Dongguo cha (Wintermelon Tea) It is one of the few teas we can drink. My first night in Taiwan, the missionary that took me out contacting bought me some Wintermelon Tea and said that every missionary doesn't like it at first, but by the time they leave the mission they love it. I drank it, didn't really like it and that was that. Now I love me some Wintermelon tea with milk added. He was right. 


One tough thing in Taiwan is giving a mini Word of Wisdom lesson every lesson because we get offered so much tea.



Overall this week was quick. It was good. Taiwan is good. Asians don't look very Asian anymore, sometimes I forget that I stand out, because to me everyone just looks normal. I hope all is well with all of you. You are in my prayers, and I wish you all the best. Go have an amazing summer. Go to church. Choose the Right. Do your best and good things will happen.

Love Elder White

No comments:

Post a Comment