Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011

From the roof in Zhudong apartment

 It's really beautiful here.
 I miss it so much. I want to go back!!!
 In front of the 101
 From the 101
 From the 101



 Important part of missionary work. It's all about the love.

 Elder White and Elder Bogle
 Nei Wan, awesome little town in the Zhudong area. LOVE IT



Hello family and friends,

Today I have a small amount of time, but not a lot to report on.



This week has been a big adjustment. I'm still adjusting. I miss ZhuDong a lot. I went from this amazing little town right in the mountains to the heart of Taibei. The hardest adjustment has been companion. Elder Bogle and I had sat down and said we're going to do everything in our power to save souls in Zhudong, and we did. We didn't waste a minute. We rarely took a full hour for meals. We sometimes had days where we were so busy we started the day not knowing when we're going to eat, and ended up having to just find some time to throw some fuel in our bodies during the day. We came home at night wiped out. We had really uplifting and spiritual companionship studies. We found the perfect recipe and saw miracles, We lit Zhudong on fire. 




This companionship is a little different. It's been a little tough, but it will get there. It's a much slower pace, and I'm trying to a balance so that I'm not impatient, but so that I'm also not feeling held back. It'll all work out, its just going to take some time and it's going to be a different transfer.




Zhang family will be getting baptized this Saturday. I wish more than anything I could go. But I'll for sure go to their sealing 1 year from now. I'm so excited for them. They embraced the gospel with an open heart and received so many blessings for it. Their home is a real home of love and happiness. It's so good.


Last week I was asked if I was Filipino, Chilean, or from Holland. No, no, and no. Most people guess we're from America. We occasionally will have an England or Australia guess, but I've never had the Filipino or Chilean guess. Both people said it was because of my eyes. Apparently Chileans have big eyes.


I'm out of time. I'll keep you all in my prayers.



Love you all, This is the Lords work, if we do it his will we are blessed and really happy.
Love Elder White

No comments:

Post a Comment