Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 30, 2012


Wow time flies... My companion will be going home in a couple weeks. But his home is like 2 hours away so I'll probably call him up to come back and be our member present at lessons. hah. The work in TuCheng continues to be amazing and there are miracles happening every day. I'm privileged to be a part of this wonderful work and testfiy of my Savior, Jesus Christ.



The biggest highlight of this week happened on Tuesday. That's when I recieved the news that the Zhang family that Elder Bogle and I baptized in ZhuDong will be getting sealed on August 7th, 2012 in the Taiwan Taibei temple!! I can't explain how excited I am. They're so amazing! I love them so much and I can't wait to see them become an eternal family. The best part is they've asked Elder Bogle and me to be the witnesses at the sealing. I'm so PUMPED! I'm also really happy they were able to prepare and get sealed before Elder Bogle heads back to America. He'll be leaving a mere 4 days later. I'm so excited for this amazing family!



Another cool miracle happened this week. We were out doing what I love to do most. FINDING. I was riding and a guy on the side of the street waved to me. So I pulled over and went and talked to him. He said follow me... so I followed into a convenience store and called for my companion to follow. He said "what do you want to drink, I'll buy you anything you want, what do you want to eat?" I tried to decline but he was insistent so I allowed him to buy me a water and sat down with him. My companion joined us. His name was Mister Chen and he's an artist. We taught him about the gospel and set up a time for him to come back. He also drew me. We said the closing prayer and as soon as I said "Amen" and stood up an 18 year old kid walked up to me, took a pamphlet out of my shirt pocket, and turned around. I told him to stop and asked why he had interest. I told him to sit down with me and he said he didn't want to there in the convenience store but we could follow him to his house. We went to his house, and he grabbed a Book of Mormon. We were shocked. He then said he was a former investigator who never got baptized because at the time he was investigating he didn't have a way to get to church on Sundays. Then he said with a big grin on his face, but now I have time on Sundays. Knowing he had probably seen missionaries many times between the last time he investigated and right now I asked him why he was willing to come up and grab a pamphlet and self contact me. He said he had a feeling, I asked him what that feeling felt like. He then proceeded to give a perfect description of the Holy Ghost. Overall that afternoon was one amazing miracle after another. Finished up by a long prayer of thanks.



Mister Chen came to the chapel 2 days later at his scheduled time to meet with us. He wants to buy me a bicycle and a whole lot of other gifts. He wasn't listening too closely to our message so we'll probably keep our distance for a few days because I don't want him to buy me something outrageous. Maybe we'll get a hold of him if my bike gets stolen. :) Just kidding.



Speaking of prayer, Elder Su and I were leaving the chapel after a lesson this week to go hit the streets contacting. We went to the entrance of the chapel and took off our bike helmets to say a prayer. It was Elder Su's turn. Elder Su was in the middle of the prayer when a passerby walked up to us and said, "Here is some candy. I want you to have this candy." Elder Su and I confusingly looked at each other, grabbed the candy and pocketed it, and then bowed our heads and continued on in the prayer exactly where we were.



This week our ward arranged for us to work all of Saturday with the young men and young women. They split us up and we took them out to work. Sounds great right? But, I got paired up with my man Jason, who was baptized here my first week and now has the Aaronic priesthood, and a 14 year old young woman. That day I had a baptismal interview in the other district in our zone. It's a long, hard bike ride, in the blazing Taiwanese heat. Not my favorite ride to make when it's me and my companion, but when it was me and Jason, and a 13 year old girl who had never ridden a bike in her life... it was almost unbearable. It was over an hour of complaining the whole way and us stopping mulitple times to help her with her bike. We made it though, punctually. The interview went well, and we returned safely home. That was one tiring trip! Toward the end of the day I reunited with my companion and we were both WIPED OUT! But when aren't we WIPED OUT! I'm always so tired, but so happy! The gospel is true and being a missionary is amazing.


I have a giant canker sore in my mouth, and I've found that my love for eating the Taiwanese pineapple has been very harmful. Anyone have any good canker sore remedies?



Also does every member of our family have the regular quad (4 in 1) scripture set? I need to know this info.

Also everyone should read the scriptures. Because they're the word of God, and I love the word of God. It tells us all things which we must do!


I love you all
Elder White

No comments:

Post a Comment