Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 10, 2012


Hello!!!


Greeting from TaoYuan. An interesting week here in Taiwan. I don't know where to begin. Let's start with Sister Huang.

"I'm willing to get baptized, I just don't think I put Jesus as my number 1." She said. She's so close, she literally can pass every single baptismal interview question. She just still believes she also has another God. I don't know what else to do at this point. I will continue to pray for her and seek revelation, but I really want her to make her baptismal goal of 6/23. She lives commandments, prays, I'm just concerned she's waiting for a sign.


Yesterday I was woken at about 5:10 am because my entire building was shaking. We live up way high on the 13th floor. The room was shaking pretty intensely as a good size earthquake struck. Ha ha, because I'm always so tired I sat up on my bed and looked at my companion on his bed, he sat up and we simultaneously in as monotone, unenthusiastic, tired voices as you can imagine said "earthquake'' and then hit our pillows til 6:30. This week was actually filled with lots of little earthquakes. It was fun.


My mission president came to sacrament meeting in our ward yesterday to speak. It was great. It's just really hard to believe they're going to be leaving here in 3 weeks and there will be a completely different person in his office, leading this mission. I'm really grateful to be able to serve under President Grimley. I feel like it's been one of the biggest blessings of my life. I know the next mission president will be amazing as well, but it was really nice to be able to have president visit our ward in one of his last few Sundays here in Taiwan.


This week the water bottle holder on my bike didn't house a water bottle all week long. Instead, it played home to a big bottle of Ibuprofen which I was taking every few hours to reduce my fever. I had a pretty intense fever all week to close out this month long sickness, but yesterday I began feeling a lot better, and I feel like sweating this fever out kind of got rid of all the sickness altogether, which will be really nice!! I'm grateful I have such a good companion who has helped me through it all and been patient. Go Elder Sheng!


That's about it this week. Not a whole lot happened I feel like. I'm going to go try and rest now so that this week I can go crazy on the work front. After being sick this long I can't wait!

I know the church is true.
CTR
Elder White

No comments:

Post a Comment